An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy that includes meeting a minimum ATAR requirement.
Assumed knowledge includes minimum requirements in English and Mathematics as well as in intended teaching area to be studied.
In addition applicants will be required to:
- demonstrate suitability for teaching;
- meet any additional prerequisite requirements imposed by state jurisdictions.
Applicants who do not meet state jurisdictional minimum requirements will be able to undertake approved alternative entry pathways.
International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites at year 12 level, or equivalent:New South Wales
- Prerequisites: Nil
- Assumed Knowledge:A minimum of three Band 5 HSC results, including one in English
Note: This course is structured to allow applicants to meet the three Band 5 entry requirements within the degree program by including a full year of discipline studies before applicants study how to teach.
- Mathematics discipline: Mathematics other than Mathematics General 2
- Recommended studies: Visual Arts
- English:Units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English.
- Mathematics: Units 1 and 2 - two units (any study combination) of General Mathematics or Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: Mathematics (any)
- Assumed Knowledge: Mathematics discipline: Units 3 and 4: Mathematics Methods.
*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2020 Admission. Refer to your relevant Tertiary Admission Centre website for future years' entry requirements.2. Additional Approvals
All students enrolled must have the appropriate approvals before they may enter a classroom. These are: Blue Card (Qld), Working with Vulnerable People (ACT) or Working with Children Check (NSW and Vic). International students must bring police check documentation from their own countries. All students who have lived in another country for 12 months or more must provide a police check from that country for that period.