The AMP graduate program provides the pathway to realise your ambitions by offering you a personalised development opportunity like no other.
Program Streams & Rotations
At AMP we trust our people and give our graduates the connections and flexibility to make a difference.
The needs of our clients are diverse, and so are we.
We welcome and encourage applications from all undergraduate degrees and for the 2022 program, we are offering the below streams:
- Accounting & Finance (Sydney)-Graduates obtain hands-on foundational accounting experience within AMP Finance, ensuring they have a breadth of experience for a successful career post program. The skills learnt on the rotational program align with the professional study of the CA which is completed as part of the graduate program. Graduates will be financially supported in their completion of the CA program.
- Financial Services (Sydney & Melbourne)-The Financial Services stream provides graduates with a holistic understanding of the wealth management and retail banking industry. Graduates complete rotations within a broad range of areas across the business with opportunities to gain experience in product design and development, strategy, customer insight and analytics and digital.
- Technology (Sydney)-The Technology graduate program offers pathways for graduates who want to apply their skills in an innovative and global environment. With a focus on designing, developing and enhancing our technology systems and architecture, our graduates are drivers of change who are passionate about creating market-leading customer and employee experiences. Providing the opportunity to grow transferrable capabilities including extensive programming, coding, development, analyst and change skills, the Technology graduate program puts our graduates at the forefront of an ever-changing Technology landscape.
- Enterprise Risk Management (Sydney)-Graduates obtain hands-on foundational experience within ERM, ensuring they have a breadth of experience for a successful career post-program. ERM seeks to help the business make informed and optimal risk-return decisions, in pursuit of the AMP strategy, whilst partnering with the business to provide risk management capability, high-quality advise, insight and support.
Over the two-year program, you'll have to chance to rotate through several teams in your selected business stream, helping you to work out what's right for your skills and interests.
The flexible nature of the rotational structure helps you get connected, build technical skills, and take on meaningful, challenging work from the very start of your journey.
For more information and full role profiles with examples of rotations for each stream, please refer to Program Streams on the AMP Graduates Careers Page.
Graduate Life at AMP
At AMP we strive to create an environment where people can shine. An environment that offers guidance and support, whilst ensuring enough flexibility to ensure you can make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
Some of the benefits of the Graduate Program and working at AMP are:
- Professional Development Program-A tailored development program including a series of workshops, technical skills training, insight sessions, lunch & learns and numerous networking opportunities with senior executives and mentors. In addition, you have the opportunity to work on a Business Improvement Project (BIP) with the chance to win funding towards piloting your idea.
- Support Network-Sharing your graduate experience with a close-knit cohort, your new friendships and networks start from the day of the offer. You'll have access to a network of people who understand your value and are committed to your development and success. Graduates have a dedicated Talent Manager, Buddy, Graduate Champions in each program stream and the wider graduate alumni community to lean on.
- Wellness & Employee Benefits-There is nothing more important than wellbeing and AMP's Be Well program takes a holistic approach to the wellbeing of employees and takes into account physical, personal, psychological and environmental factors. The We Flex approach acknowledges that flexible working is for everyone and gives leaders and employees the autonomy to agree how, when and where work is done in support of our inclusive workplace. As part of standard remuneration packages, AMP employees recieve12% superannuation contributions, 20 days per year paid annual leave and the option to take up to 4 weeks additional leave purchase via purchase leave. As well as access to special home loan packages and a b3tter account through AMP Bank and discounted financial advice options, there are over 300 retail and entertainment discounts via AMP Advantage.
- AMP's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) focuses on Coaching, Health, Advice, Mentoring & Psychological well-being (CHAMP) and has numerous services available to all AMP employees and their families.
- GRATITUDE is all about our graduate's wellbeing and sense of community. The program includes a series of weekly activities, focusing on engaging the health and wellbeing of the graduate team while building on the strong cohort culture. Activities include yoga and meditation sessions in the office, outdoor sports sessions, cooking classes, boxing, Boxfit and mini Olympics. The list is endless!
Find out more about working at AMP.
Community Contribution & Social Responsibility
The AMP Foundation has supported charities and other not-for-profit organisations since 1992. The Foundation will give financial support to AMP employees who give 80+ hours per year of their own time or who sit on the board of an eligible organisation via the annual Unsung Heros program and dollar match fundraising activities for over 130 selected charities and not for profit organisations. You can also claim an instant tax deduction via the Payroll Giving scheme. Started in 2014, The AMP Tomorrow Fund gives amazing Australians doing great things the chance to share $1 million in grants each year. It's open to individuals of all ages, walks of life and interests who are working towards a goal that will have a positive impact on the community but need help to take it to the next level. You will have the chance to take part in numerous organised volunteering opportunities throughout your journey with AMP and can put your hand up to be a Community Champion and take the lead in your team or cohort for community initiatives.
Please also refer to our Corporate Sustainability page for details of AMP's positions on other issues that impact our business and stakeholders including:
- Climate change
- Modern slavery
- Responsible investment
The Recruitment Process & Schedule
Applications for the 2022 program are open until 5 pm AEST on Thursday 12th August 2021
To be eligible, you will need to meet the below prerequisites:
- You must have completed your undergraduate (bachelor level) studies in either 2020 or 2021
- You should have a minimum credit average for the above degree
- At the time you submit your application, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency status.
If you have any questions or believe you may require assistance with the application and recruitment process, you can reach out to the dedicated AMP Graduate Program Talent Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
The process is made up of the below steps:
- Online application form including some further questions and requirements to upload your CV, academic record/transcript and other supporting documents.
- Online assessment will take about 15 minutes to complete.
- Video interviews will be sent to those who meet the benchmark for the online assessment.
- Assessment Centres are the final stage of the recruitment process and if you are invited to the Assessment Centre, you will also be invited to a virtual Open Evening on Monday 30th August which will be held on a virtual platform. Assessment Centres for each stream will also be hosted virtually for 2022 via MS Teams and are scheduled over 2 weeks starting Tuesday 31st August. Invitations will be sent to successful applicants during the week starting 23rd August.
- Offer process- We aim to make a decision and extend offers within 48 hours of the Assessment Centre. If you are successful and AMP extends an offer of a place on the 2022 program which you accept verbally, you will be sent a written letter of offer (contract) to accept online and be asked to complete several important employee onboarding activities ready for your start date.
- Welcome to AMP-You will be invited to a Welcome Evening at the start of October where you can meet your cohort and another stakeholder from your business stream followed by numerous other sessions on the lead up to the program start date of 14th February 2022.
Good luck with your application and please email email@example.com with any queries.