Welcome to the ABS Virtual Experience.
The ABS is Australia’s national statistical agency, providing trusted official statistics on a wide range of economic, social, population and environmental matters of importance to Australia.
Data Analyst roles support evidence-based, informed decision making, and work across all aspects of government such as policy development, program management and service delivery.
Examples of the responsibilities of a Data Analyst:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders and customers to develop fit-for-purpose specifications of data and solutions requirements.
- Designing and testing data collection instruments including questionnaires and forms.
- Analysing and interpreting survey, census and administrative data as required, including linked data.
- Producing estimates, counts and other aggregate statistics.
- Undertaking data analysis to discover relationships between data items.
- Telling the story behind the data in an engaging and meaningful way; writing media releases on the data that are accurate and interesting to the public.
- Undertaking quality assurance of aggregate data and statistics to ensure consistency and coherence with other data; preparing quality declarations to ensure customers are well informed on the quality of these statistics in order to assess their fitness for purpose.
- Confidentialising statistics to prevent disclosure of information that may identify data providers.
- Compiling and disseminating statistical products according to organisational policies and guidelines.
- Undertaking statistical project evaluation to support continuous improvement of statistical production processes.
Ready to get started?
This virtual experience consists of two modules, you can do both, or just one, the choice is yours!