These highly valued services are delivered through the areas of finance, information communication and technologies, and infrastructure. We continually strive to enhance the capability and responsiveness of our staff, systems and processes across the organisation to deliver high quality education.
The Financial Services Directorate is responsible for a number of key finance-related functions within the Department, including financial policy and governance, financial reporting and school financial management and support.
The Financial Planning and Resourcing Directorate is responsible for a number of key finance-related functions within the Department, including overall budget and resource management, high-level strategic financial advice, school resourcing, management of the Student Centered Funding Model and financial planning.
The Commercial Services Directorate is responsible for providing procurement and commercial legal support to the Department and schools; contract planning, establishment and management; insurance and fleet management.
The Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Division is responsible for the management and delivery of the Department's ICT-related services and functions. The Division encompasses three Directorates, being Governance and Planning Integration; Build and Deployment; and Operations and Customer Service.
- Provide support and assistance to the Education Business Service directors and managers on a range of operational matters including data collation and analyses and preparation of associated reports.
- Undertake research relating to policies, procedures and projects.
- Provide input into the operations of Education Business Services and contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies, procedures and work flows.
- In consultation with stakeholders, prepare correspondence in relation to Education Business Services matters, including briefing notes, Ministerial correspondence, responses to parliamentary questions and memorandums.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide and receive information as required.
- Demonstrated sound oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and build effective relationships.
- Demonstrated sound research and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated initiative and sound organisational skills including the ability to effectively multi task, prioritise, meet deadlines and work effectively within a teamenvironment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant public sector policies and practices.