YOUR ROLE AS A TRADER INTERN
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in different ways. Therefore, we look for different types of traders. During your internship, you'll be exposed to a number of different trading products, and learn how IMC trades & manages their risk across various markets.
As a trader intern you will;
- See what it is like to be a trader at IMC
- Learn about the trading industry and market-making while having close interaction with our traders and technologists
- Have the freedom to find your niche within the firm and excel
- Have access to classroom sessions and mock trading.
A few reasons why this is your future internship
- Develop your technical trading skills by being involved with a number of different projects
- Work on meaningful and challenging projects
- Supported by a Mentor who will oversee your progress through the Internship
- Learn to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded.
- Secure a graduate position before actually graduating.
WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange, the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you'll need to bring
- In penultimate year of your study
- Bachelor or Masters in Science, Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- A love for solving problems & a flair for numerical analysis
- A competitive drive to win as a team and to be the best at what we do
- Resilience to stay focused when things don't go your way
- Comfortable making decisions under uncertainty, and remain focused under pressure
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Willingness to be a team player, at IMC we're in it together.
The Get – what we'll give you
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Housing in Sydney
- 10-week structured program giving you the opportunity to develop trading skills
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Compensation – highly competitive salary, accommodation (and costs) taken care off
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool office with great people*.